SURFCAM Traditional 2 Axis
SURFCAM Traditional’s 2 Axis system is the most cost effective, high performance CAM package with a robust library of toolpath strategies. For the ultimate roughing power, add on the the TRUEMill option to provide you with increased material remove rates by up to 5X while extending the life of the cutting tool.
- Rough and finish cavities with multiple island heights
- Machine features with straight or tapered side walls
- Advanced strategies for Face, Groove, Chamfer and Corner Round milling
- Support for 4 & 5 Axis rotary indexing and high speed machining
- Thread milling for single point, multi point and tapered thread mills with helical entry & exit
- Advanced multi-tool Hole Processing with intelligent pattern sorting
- Full Verification and Backplot functionality
- Customizable Tool and Material libraries
- Optional 2 Axis TRUEMill (high speed machining) roughing strategy
SURFCAM Traditional 3 Axis
SURFCAM Traditional’s 3 Axis system provides the combination of powerful functionality coupled with ease of use. SURFCAM Traditional delivers efficient, reliable toolpaths on even the most complex of surface geometry. SURFCAM Traditional’s 3 Axis high-speed machining strategies feature fast processing, minimal rapid moves and optimized tool motion all of which provide the highest quality surface finishes.
- All the features of the SURFCAM Traditional 2 Axis system
- High-speed optimized roughing and finishing strategies that feature smooth, fluid toolpaths that reduce the load on tools and machines
- Fast processing using newly developed algorithms, taking advantage of multiple processors to provide efficient calculations on complex part geometry
- High-speed linking which reduces overall cycle time and optimizes machine motion by minimizing rapid moves and eliminating abrupt changes in direction
- Full gouge protection and toolpath containment options that provide precize control over what is machined and what is avoided
- Unparalleled surface finishes that increase productivity by reducing secondary machining processes
- Tapered tool support with full gouge avoidance
- Automatic arc fitting which reduces g-code and improve surface finishes
- Optional 3 Axis TRUEMill (High Speed Machining) roughing strategy
SURFCAM Traditional 4/5 Axis
SURFCAM Traditional offers true simultaneous 4 & 5 Axis machining with full tool motion visualization and verification. Precize control is achieved over every aspect of multi-axis machining ensuring safe tool motion for even the most challenging applications. The 4 & 5 Axis system provides support for all standard tools with collision checking, gouge avoidance, toolpath containment – and more.
- Full simultaneous 4 and 5 Axis multi-surface machining
- Complete tool and shank collision protection ensuring safe tool motion in any situation
- Gouge checking strategies with up to four separate check surface groups
- Advanced 3D lead-in & lead-out strategies
- Full control over surface edge, gap and step-over handling
- Powerful 3D retract options with clearance for planes, cylinders or spheres
- Advanced vector control for precize tool motion management
- 4 and 5 Axis drilling capabilities
- Tool plane locking and limiting for enhanced control in tight situations
- Full tool motion visualization and verification
SURFCAM Traditional Lathe & Mill Turn
SURFCAM Traditional Lathe provides control over every aspect of your turning requirements, from roughing to final finish. Gouge free paths that include turning, grooving and threading are the hallmark of SURFCAM Traditional Lathe. Support for advanced canned cycles add to the speed of getting code to the shop floor quickly and easily.
Lathe & Mill Turn Highlights Include
- Automatic retract and logic for complex inner diameter machining
- Gouge free toolpaths can be verified in both solid and wireframe modes
- One-step I.D. & O.D. roughing and finishing for an automated turning process
- Support for canned cycles
- Polar interpolation support and Y-Axis cutting increase the range of production capabilities
- Integration of live tooling and off-center operations for Mill Turn programming
- Complete access to all 2-Axis thru 5-Axis milling strategies for use in a Mill Turn environment
SURFCAM Traditional Wire EDM
SURFCAM Traditional Wire EDM contains three unique strategies designed to meet a variety of Wire EDM requirements.
Wire EDM Highlights Include
- 2 Axis XY: Contour wire cutting with multiple skim pass and tabbing configurations
- 4 Axis: Create complex, surface driven 4 Axis Wire EDM paths
- 4 Axis UV Trim: Gain total control over your 4 Axis Wire EDM motion through the use of trimming curves and tool vectors
SURFCAM Traditional Post Processors
M-POST is a standard post processor program that comes included in SURFCAM and allows users to post their SURFCAM toolpaths to NC machine controllers. There are over 200 M-POST post processors which also come included in SURFCAM for major CNC machine manufactures. With M-POST, users can create NC code for EDM, Lathe, 2-axis, or 3-axis machine controls. Examples of some of the controls that are available to SURFCAM users are Fadal, Haas, Mazak, and Fanuc, just to name a few.
M-POST is an “easy to use” post processor that looks very much like an NC program. Users just simply have to edit their M-POST templates to look like the NC code they want to see as a result, and then M-POST outputs the NC code to match.
SURFCAM users can also use the M-POST NC code to check their programs or make any necessary changes themselves without having to re-post the toolpath again. The benefit of this “easy to use” post processor program is the ability for users to make on-the-fly changes in any text editor or even on the shop floor, resulting in time and cost savings.
S-POST is a standard post processor program that comes included in SURFCAM with over 50 S-POST post processors for major CNC machine manufactures. S-POST has an “easy to use” generator module that presents dynamic menus, context sensitive help and a powerful Factory Interface Language (FIL) utility designed to improve the user's productivity.
FIL provides external file I/O and Tool Path file manipulation to generate code for any machine tool. S-POST supports 2- to 4-axis lathes and turning centers with either one or two turrets on common or separate slides. It accommodates mills and machining centers with up to 15-axes, with indexing tables, rotary and/or tilt heads.
S-POST also supports other types of non-turning NC/CNC machines, including Lasers, Wire EDMs, Punches/Presses, Grinders, Drills and Routers. S-POST comes with the CIMpro Java interface. This interface allows you to access your complete NC/CNC programming system.
Option File Generator
Using S-POST is easier than ever with the Option File Generator
This module enables the user to create a specialized postprocessor to generate code that meets the requirements of your equipment. No knowledge of any programming language is required.
A postprocessor is generated by supplying the machine kinematics, control codes, data format, and other machine control constraints through a dynamic Java user interface. When postprocessing is initiated, the Spost reads the Option File (parameter file) and sets the output variables to the correct values for the machine tool.
The Option File Generator uses standard Windows disciplines when selecting machine constraints and options. Options can be selected in any order, and only those values not agreeing with the control or machine description need be changed.
SolidWorks™ Part Design Only (PDO) or Part Design & Assemblies (PDA) are 2 add-on options for SURFCAM Traditional customers requiring world-class 3D solid modeling capabilities. SURFCAM Traditional customers also have the added benefit of maintaining associativity between their SURFCAM Traditional toolpaths and SolidWorks parts and assemblies in their CAD/CAM, design thru manufacturing environment.
SURFCAM Traditional’s powerful associativity enables NC programrs to open native SolidWorks files directly into SURFCAM Traditional, completely eliminating the translation process. When changes are made to the SolidWorks design models, SURFCAM Traditional automatically recognizes the design revisions and offers to regenerate the affected toolpaths within SURFCAM Traditional’s Operations Manager. With this simple and seamless interoperability between these two systems, SURFCAM Traditional users can quickly adapt to SolidWorks design changes and efficiently update their programming environment.
The partnership of SURFCAM Traditional and SolidWorks provides a smart, simple and efficient solution for NC programrs who required ease-of-use and world class precision and control over their NC programming environment.
SURFCAM Traditional supports SolidWorks 2016 parts, assemblies, sketches and configurations.